Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./ B.Sc./B.Com.) or in the Master’s Degree (M.A./M.Sc./M.Com.) from a recognized university are eligible for admission into B. Ed. Program. Admissions shall be made strictly on a merit basis as per the list provided by G.U. as per Gauhati University B.Ed. Common Entrance Test (GUBEDCET) & Counselling. The reservation for SC/ST/OBC/EWS and other categories shall be as per the rules of the State Govt. and Gauhati University.
Eligibility (as per NCTE norms)
A candidate may be allowed to appear in the GUBEDCET provided that she/he has passed the BA / BSc / BCom Or MA / MSc / MCom or equivalent degree programme from a recognised Board/University with at least 50% marks (or 45% marks SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
Total no of Questions: 100
Total Marks: 400
Test Duration: 120 minutes
Section A (120 Marks):
General English (Vocabulary, Tense, Voice, Narration, Prepositions, Correction of Sentences & Comprehension)
Section B (120 Marks):
General Knowledge ( Indian History, Indian Polity, General Science, Current affairs)
Section C (120 Marks):
Test of Reasoning and Numerical Ability
Section D (40 Marks):
Current Indian Education (Issues and Policies), National Policy of Education 2020, Universalization of Elementary Education – Right to Education, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) Secondary Education – Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- All questions will be of MCQ type with four alternative choices of which only one answer will be the correct option.
- The test Booklet and the OMR will be in English. The test will be OMR based.
- For every right answer, 4 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted. There will be no marking for un-attempted questions.
- The merit list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in GUBEDCET-2022. In case of a tie. i.e. when two or more candidates obtain equal marks, the inter-se merit of such candidates shall be decided as follows:
- Resolution by finding the ratio of positive marks and negative marks. Candidates having a higher absolute value of the ratio will be given a better rank.
- Resolution by a number of unanswered questions. Candidates with less number of unanswered questions will be given a better rank.
- If the resolution is not possible after this criterion, candidates with higher age will be given better rank.
- The reservation and relaxation policy will be as per existing GU rules.
- Eligibility criteria will be verified by the respective colleges/institutions before admission. A candidate can’t claim a seat without fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NCTE through her /his name appearing in the merit list prepared by Gauhati University. College/Institution will be responsible for such anomalies detected later on.
- Application and Entrance Examination Fee: Rs.1500 (and Bank Transaction Charge, if any).
- Anything not covered by this guideline will be decided by the university authority at the appropriate level.
For GU B.Ed. Entrance Test https://onlinegu.in/entrance/
Last B.Ed. Admission Notice https://drive.google.com/file/d/11AG5u_nv-vEIXlkGE5B0jMO2G0nCy0Ge/view
List of Affiliated B.Ed. degree colleges recognized by NCTE under Gauhati University https://notification.gauhati.ac.in/college/general/affiliated-bed-college-list-5-1-22
Last year Entrance Dates https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/bed/dates
for more info please visit https://admissions.gauhati.ac.in/bed